Elusive Ireland

A piece of Ireland - my painting.

Bantry House Gardens overlooking the bay.

Ireland. The workshop with Pauline Agnew and Melinda Cootsona was my first experience actually taking a painting class. And they are wonderful painters - I, of course,  feel as though I am not. So, I struggled to capture the essence of a place that was to remain elusive. I know I am not the only one who travels and feels a deep connection with a place, people and vistas. So challenging to go deeper within to find the landscapes there, where the terra meets the sea. I am committed to continuing to paint, and do my visual jounaling. I ended up making a book of all the painting that I did in that first workshop - and bookmaking is a passion - plus so much easier to get home on the plane ;)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts