Whidbey Island - A Dream Come True


When I think about teaching this July on Whidbey Island, I get all giddy! It is absolutely one of my favorite places on the planet and I am thrilled to be doing Nature Bound a bookarts workshop on July 30th and 31st at the Pacific Northwest Art School.

 
Once I get on the ferry, I am transported not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually. There is a strong connection with this part of the world and I let go of all other thoughts and worries to enjoy the ride. The chance to teach in these gorgeous surroundings comes at a time in my life when I need to be with other makers, other artists that crave the same creative connection that I crave. It's important for me to own this aspect of myself, in order to connect with others.


The beauty is around every corner, in every leaf of every tree. Constant and humbling. A new adventure!

Comments

Popular Posts